Last updated July 28, 2020
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information. You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. XeroHome automatically collects Usage Data (as described below) and may collect IP address, ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the areas in which you are searching for properties or energy efficiency services, etc.). XeroHome collects personally identifiable information on the Site only when you make it available through your use of the Site. You may be required to provide personally identifiable information to use certain services on this Site. In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information through the Site in other ways, including: (a) participating in online surveys; (b) subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, and/or promotional content sent via email; (c) in connection with other products, services, features, and/or requests made available through the Site; and (d) submission of purchase and/or billing related information including credit card numbers. The types of personally identifiable information collected will depend on the nature of the submission or the features of the Site used, but could include: your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information.
- Collection of Usage Data. The Site automatically collects passive information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a web page.
- IP Address Logs: XeroHome also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which may include the location of your computer on the Internet.
- Purpose of Collection: Cookies allow XeroHome to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site's forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and web beacons can also help tell XeroHome what advertising you have already seen on the Site, which allows us to offer you a more diverse selection of information and measure the effectiveness of XeroHome advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (what web site you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what web site you go to after visiting the Site, etc.). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by XeroHome to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You may disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software, with third-party software packages, or through the tools provided on the Site. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site's features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding usage of the Site that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of XeroHome through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Policy as "Usage Data."
- How Information is Used.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by XeroHome through your use of the Site may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used for any of the following purposes:
- To confirm, fulfill, or follow-up a request that you make or to communicate with you regarding services found on or through XeroHome or the Site.
- To contact you by email regarding account status, changes to any account agreement, and/or to confirm account registration.1
- To send promotional materials, newsletters, or other content via email or otherwise, unless you have opted out of receiving such materials.
- To permit third parties to whom XeroHome may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages.
- To improve user experience and measure interest in various areas of the Site.
- To manage relationships with Affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which XeroHome may disclose personally identifiable information.
- To facilitate Site administration, analysis, research, reporting, development, optimization and other purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
- Usage Data: Usage Data is used by XeroHome for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, XeroHome may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about Site users who click on their advertising or other messages. IP Addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
- How Information is Shared. XeroHome may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Affiliates. XeroHome may share personally identifiable information with its Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates' disclosure and use of such information is consistent with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. XeroHome may also receive personally identifiable information you to provide directly to such Affiliates.
- Requests. XeroHome maintains relationships with third party providers for some of the products and services offered through the Site. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that XeroHome may share personally identifiable information with third parties as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you request information about a specific energy efficiency service advertised on the Site, XeroHome will share the information collected through such request with third parties providing that service. In some cases, the information that you provide through the Site may be collected directly by a third party or its designee (e.g., through forms hosted by such third party or on a page framed with XeroHome branding). Personally identifiable information also may be shared with the specific third parties that can respond to your requests in the form of reporting and other follow-up communications. The subsequent use or disclosure of any information collected by or provided to third parties is subject to their privacy policies and practices.
- Direct Marketing. Except in limited circumstances, XeroHome generally does not disclose personally identifiable information of its users to third parties solely for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third party direct marketing materials, XeroHome may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although XeroHome will endeavor to notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
- Service Providers. XeroHome may work with related and unrelated third parties that provide services on its behalf. Examples include providers of analytical, developmental, promotional, research, credit card processing, technology, support and other services. For example, XeroHome may work with third parties who host or operate the Site or may ask that a third party send newsletters or other email communications on its behalf. Similarly, if you make a payment to XeroHome by credit card, XeroHome may share personally identifiable information and credit card information with a third party in order to process credit card transactions, or such information may be collected directly by the credit card processing service provider on XeroHome's behalf.
- Forums. XeroHome may offer message boards, blogs, bulletin boards, comments areas, or other forums ("Forums") on the Site that are intended for use by visitors who are 18 years of age or older. Any information you disclose when posting information in these Forums may become public. You should not include any information in a posting that you do not want other parties to see or use. If you post any messages in the Forums that include contact information (e.g. name, phone number, email address) you may receive unsolicited email or calls from third parties.
- Third Party Privacy Policies. XeroHome is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties or any of the content of web sites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site. Please use common sense when you navigate the Internet and be aware of when you travel outside the Site. In addition, you should carefully review the applicable privacy policies of each web site you visit and each web service you use. The privacy policies of third party web sites we most often link to or affiliate with may be found below:
- BuildZoom - https://www.buildzoom.com/privacy-policy
- Google (Analytics) - https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Opt Out Options. With respect to promotional materials and newsletters that XeroHome may send via email from time to time, XeroHome will not continue to send you such communications if you ask us not to. However, you agree that XeroHome may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, account status, changes to this Policy or the XeroHome Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill, and follow up on your registration, service, or a request submitted through the Site.
- Security. The security of your personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We take steps to keep it secure in data centers and it is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this Policy. In addition, when collecting credit card information, the Site uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, the industry standard for protecting privacy in web transactions. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, XeroHome cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of its servers and databases. Moreover, XeroHome cannot guarantee or warrant that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
- Children. XeroHome believes that it is especially important to protect children's privacy online. XeroHome does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and XeroHome does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted at XeroHome by visitors younger than 13 years old. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this Policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at the address listed below.
- California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (Shine the Light Act) permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. In addition, XeroHome is committed to compliance with the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), and will provide all required notices, information, and opportunities to review or remove consumer information as required by the CCPA, where applicable.
- Changes to this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on the Site in this location and this Policy will be identified as "Last updated on __________, 20__". Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes without modification. It is your responsibility to check back and review this location regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most current terms. Should you object to any such changes to this Policy, your only option is to discontinue use of the Site.